Number 20: Become A Volunteer

This past weekend I finally got to cross the first thing off my #Thirtybefore30 list, number 20: Become a Volunteer.

I had the opportunity to steward a convention I was attending called Enchanted, and let me tell you it was so much fun.

I received an email a few months before the convention date and decided to sign up with my best friend Abbie. It was really great because you got to choose the areas you'd most like to steward, as well as pick things you'd rather not miss like the M&G, panels etc. - which I was really happy about, as panels are one of my favourite thing about conventions.

We received our stewarding duties a few days before the convention and I was pleased to find out I would be stewarding photo ops, this was a great area to be stewarding, not only because it came with perks like being able to jump the queue, but it meant I was really in the thick of it with both guests and attendees - it was a great experience (and we were even rewarded with a special group photo of the guests as a thank you for helping out!)

Despite it being absolute chaos at times, I really enjoyed my first stewarding experience. I met some great people, and got to see what things are like on the other side and behind the scenes. It was pretty special, and I'd definitely do it again if I get the opportunity!






Comments