Number 2: Buy a New Car



This blog has taken a few months to get written because as usual, life got in the way.

A few months ago my car started making a rattling noise, it was so loud that no amount of loud music or denial could ignore it. Faced with a potentially large repair bill, hubs and I decided that in the long run it would be a better financial investment to purchase a new car.

After trawling for hours and hours on the internet, we set out to Stevenage one Sunday in September in search of a new car. The garage I had initially planned to purchase from was a bust, the staff were rude and half the cars had been sold over the weekend (yet they hadn't bothered to remove them from their website); not to mention the one car I liked was advertised as having air conditioning (a must for us) - it didn't.

I left feeling deflated and annoyed, when my Mum's boyfriend suggested trying another garage where he'd bought several of his previous cars. Not being sure just how long my little blue car would last, I agreed. I needed to at least give it a try.

As we pulled into the lot every single car was marked significantly over our budget, but we decided to take a look around anyway. Round the corner was a little white Ford Fiesta (a car I was adimant I didn't want), which was just slightly over budget but still something we could afford. She needed a few bits doing but I decided to take her for a test drive.

This was my car.

After agreeing to part exchange my car for a measly £100, the deal was done. The deposit was put down, the repairs agreed and I picked my car up the following week.

Below is a couple of pics Cruella, my lil' Ford Fiesta (when she was much cleaner than she is now...)




And so another goal ticked off the list.... Thanks to my hubs for being so patient in helping me find a car, and to Mum and Dave for helping me figure out exactly what I needed in a car (and picking up on things I didn't...)

Until next time... xoxo

Comments